The 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS (Super Sport) is a classic American car that is celebrated for its style and performance. Here’s some information about this iconic vehicle:
Model: 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS Manufacturer: Chevrolet, a division of General Motors Production Years: 1964 Body Style: Full-size two-door coupe or convertible
Key Features and Characteristics:
- Design: The 1964 Impala SS is known for its sleek and stylish design. It featured a distinctive “C” pillar and a sharp, angular body, giving it a clean and modern look for its time.
- Engine Options: The Impala SS was available with a range of engine options. The most powerful and sought-after engine was the 409 cubic-inch V8, which came in various states of tune, offering impressive performance for its era.
- Transmission: Buyers had the choice of a 3-speed manual, 4-speed manual, or 2-speed Powerglide automatic transmission, depending on their preferences and performance needs.
- Interior: The interior of the Impala SS was known for its spaciousness and comfort. The SS trim added sportier elements to the interior, such as bucket seats and a center console.
- Super Sport Package: The Super Sport package added performance-oriented features and badging. This included unique trim, SS emblems, and, in some cases, additional performance upgrades.
- Popularity: The 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS is a highly regarded classic car, sought after by collectors and enthusiasts. Its timeless design and strong performance have contributed to its enduring appeal.
- Cultural Significance: The Impala SS is often associated with American car culture and is featured in various movies, TV shows, and music. It represents the automotive styling and spirit of the 1960s.
The 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS is a classic example of the American muscle car era and continues to be appreciated for its combination of style and performance. It’s a testament to the automotive design and engineering of its time and holds a special place in the hearts of car enthusiasts.